On 16 May 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Who would be in favor of this, or parts thereof?  I'm anxious to see a
> consensus so that steps toward the goal can be filled in over time.

+1 That looks good to me.  Really, I have no particular problem with httpd
being the wrapper script, but it would certainly cause more disruption to
existing setups.

A couple points of clarification:

- I think I would recommend a "This is deprecated" message for the
non -k options so that they don't need to be documented and supported
indefinitely.  Then we can make it clear that there is only one true set
of command line options and they apply both to apachectl and httpd.

- httpd -k restart and httpd -k graceful should do a config check before
restarting and refuse to restart if the config is not valid.

Joshua.