My own opinion is that we leave things exactly as they are today.  If
you are running the binary by hand, you are taking some responsibility
for knowing what you are doing.  That means having the environment
variables setup correctly before you start.

If you don't want that responsibility, use apachectl to run the server.
Trying to solve this problem any other way just seems like we are asking
for trouble.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
645 Howard St.              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
San Francisco, CA