> Am 13.10.2017 um 15:19 schrieb William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>:
>
> Is anyone seeing an issue of concern about stability on 2.4.x branch?

Not any more than in previous releases, I think.

> Has anyone else looked at Jim's proposed fixes for xcode 9 building
> under maintainer mode? A couple-line quick fix to configure.in, that
> anyone on OS/X should be able to validate in minutes. The same fix
> is already present on APR's branches, which I will tag as well.

I build in maintainer mode all the time and use Xcode9 since I
upgrade to macOS 10.13. Whatever weirdness I encountered and reported
earlier is gone - I rebuilt my local 2.4.x environment and all seems
well.

> I'll proceed to tag 2.5.0, and 2.4.29 after a couple hour comment
> period, so that the many proposed enhancements can be examined
> by alpha testers and our quick adopters of 2.4.28 can be back on track
> by early next week. That should simplify getting some of the more
> complex patches backported as necessary, or move us forward
> in any case.

Must have missed any 2.5.0 discussion. Do we have any fixes in the pipe
that cannot be in the 2.4.x line? That'd be a shame.

-Stefan