big +1 -- I'm also curious why the subject lines of many automated
emails (from Jira?) start with [CREATED] even though they are
generated by comments or other kinds of updates (not creating a new
issue). Overall, I think we have way too much comment spam. In
particular Github comments are so poorly formatted in email (at least
in gmail?) as to be almost unreadable - I think because they always
include the complete comment history. I wonder if there is a way to
neaten them up (especially the subject lines, so you can scan
quickly)?