On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : > On the other hand, expecting to test every possible container before
> : you can tell people its "supported" for a standards-compliant java
> : web-app is just crazy.  This is like saying that DIH's
> : I don't think its crazy at all. Just like
> : TimeZone/Codec/Locale/Directory impl, if Solr should be agnostic to
> : it, then the test framework  should rotate between different
> : implementations and pass.
>

> but how far down the rabit hole do you want to go?
>
> To use "we don't test with it therefor it's not supported" as a blanket
> statement can easily lead to things like "you are using JRE 1.7.2-u27 and
> we only run tests using JVM 1.7.2-u26 and JVM 1.7.2-u27, so at the moment
> we don't support your specific JVM and don't wnat ot hear your bug
> reports".

Don't quote me out of context.

I said on this thread "So if other containers are supported, then more
than one must be
tested. Then we know from running the tests if things are assuming
container = Jetty."

Tomcat is open source and this can be done.

You dont need to test all of them, you just need to test one thats !Jetty.

Why is everyone on this thread so anti-testing.

--
lucidimagination.com