On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:31:23PM -0700, Bhavin Thaker wrote:
> The criteria should look not only at Quantity but at the Quality of work as
> well.

Just as one additional data point:

http://community.apache.org/newcommitter.html is the Apache Community
Development Project's guidelines.

For other tasks than coding see also here:
http://community.apache.org/committers/#assisting-with-project-management-and-marketing

https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html#community
 for more on
the maturity model's take on community.

One thing to keep in mind: All successful OSS projects I came across at some
point had to deal with topics that were very far away from writing actual code.
In your committer guidelines you can make a conscious choice to explicitly
mention that those tasks will be rewarded as well - which in turn might lead to
people who won't necessarily contribute code (either due to legal constraints or
simply lack of interest or skills) to take these tasks up for you.

I remember seeing discussions on whether to turn non-coding-contributors into
committers recently, but my search-foo has left me, I don't find the thread in
question anymore :/

Isabel

--
Sorry for any typos: Mail was typed in vim, written in mutt, via ssh (most
likely involving some kind of mobile connection only.)