Google analytics are sadly probably the best numbers we're going to get.
Of course these numbers are likely to over-represent windows usage, as I'm
sure many people are looking up documentation on a windows machine while
ssh'd into a cloud instance or IoT device.

What's the trend over time for these numbers Mu?  Is Windows 7 usage
relatively stable over the last year?