In the Plugin Manager, there is NB 8.2 plugin portal. I enable this, and I don't see the jVi UC plugin.

It looks like the only contributed plugins that are available (without manual intervention) come from the new apache infrastructure. I didn't realize this, that was my confusion. If that's not entirely accurate, in any event I've missed the window for the plugins.netbeans.org infrastructure, and I'll move on to maven.

-ernie