In Apache, everything is online. :-)

Right now, the Apache Transition document (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition)
appears to be complete [i.e., a few comments received, they have been
integrated].

The question now is one of sequence, as discussed in this thread. What will
be done when, i.e., in which order.

The most important hurdle to cross is the legal/IP/licensing one -- and
what I am suggesting is that the code should only be granted when we have
worked through the legal/IP/licensing concerns. I.e., we start by making
sure we have the source code from Mercurial that we will need, we move that
into Apache Git, once the code is in Apache Git, we start examining it very
closely and identifying areas that are going to be problematic and bringing
those to the surfaces, as well as all the steps related to the source code
that we need to work on in one way or another for incubation to succeed.

Once we complete the above successfully, i.e., we are 100% confident of
success of incubation, we focus on the SGA (Software Grant Agreement), as
well as porting tutorials and so on (documentation, features pages, etc) to
Apache, since, again, if everything fails for some licensing reason, we'll
have wasted our time porting tutorials and documentation and so on.

I welcome responses to the above.

Gj