On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> The software grant is indeed required before committing or
> importing any code to an Apache repository, as whoever commits or
> imports does so under their iCLA.

OK good. Did not realize that.

I thought we could import the code to an Apache repository, and do our
legal analysis etc, without a software garnt. But I am wrong, based on the
above.

A question -- what kinds of things can be done until we have the software
grant?

Also, if we were to have a draft software grant ready, how would we process
that, i.e., how would Oracle get feedback from Apache that the software
grant is good and meets requirements, i.e., things are filled in correctly,
etc?

Thanks,

Gj