On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...A question -- what kinds of things can be done until we have the software
> grant?...

Anything that doesn't the require the code to be in Apache
repositories...analyzing the existing dependencies in the existing
repositories for example, preparing the various imports of code, docs
etc.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS can be used to create
tickets to keep track of that.

> ...Also, if we were to have a draft software grant ready, how would we process
> that, i.e., how would Oracle get feedback from Apache that the software
> grant is good and meets requirements, i.e., things are filled in correctly,
> etc?...

The grant is sent to secretary@a.o who files it in a place where ASF
members can see it.

Whoever commits or import code can then check that it identifies the
code being donates with sufficient precision that they are comfortable
doing those imports.

We might discuss here the "List of software and other intellectual
property covered by this agreement" section to make sure we're
comfortable with it.

I see a number of repositories at http://hg.netbeans.org/ , don't know
if they will all be covered by the grant but it's good to be explicit.

I suppose the documentation is meant to be donated as well, that
should be specified if it's the case.

-Bertrand