Well, when I read the blog below from Oracle's Donald Smith, in charge of
all Java things, Swing isn't even mentioned, i.e., it is all about JavaFX:

https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/the-future-of-javafx-and-other-java-client-roadmap-updates

That means for AWT and Swing, everything is as it always has been, i.e.,
the status quo continues, which is fine, and then read the official PDF
announcement...

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/javaclientroadmapupdate2018mar-4414431.pdf

...which ends with these words:

"Oracle will continue developing Swing and AWT in Java SE 8 and Java SE 11
(18.9 LTS). This means they will be supported by Oracle through at least
2026."

I really wouldn't be worried at all about something that will be supported
"through at least 2026".

Gj

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu