Von: Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 12. März 2018 19:08
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org; Toni Epple <toni.ep...@eppleton.de>
Betreff: Re: Apache HTML/Java UI instead of ... Oracle will remove JavaFX from
Oracle JDK

Hi Toni,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 at 17:51 <toni.ep...@eppleton.de> wrote:

> At DukeScript (http://dukescript.com) we have plenty of HTML4J
> renderers other than JavaFX (Chromium via JXBrowser, ios WebView via
> Multi OS Engine and MobiVM, Android WebView, plain Webkit,
> Instrumented Browser...) and we can even run inside the browser itself with
> bck2brws &, TeaVM.

So, out of interest, do those renderers or any experiments include Electron?
After the last conversation on here that touched on this, and JCEF, etc. I came
across this https://github.com/jreznot/electron-java-app
and a related blog post.  I keep trying to find some time to experiment with
Apache HTML/Java and wondered at the feasibility of reworking that Electron
example with it?

Best wishes,

Neil
--