Von: Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu>
Gesendet: Montag, 12. März 2018 18:07
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Apache HTML/Java UI instead of ... Oracle will remove JavaFX from
Oracle JDK

Hey,

Am Montag, den 12.03.2018, 16:59 +0100 schrieb Jaroslav Tulach:
> > "Oracle has begun conversations with interested parties in the Java
> > ecosystem on the stewardship of JavaFX, Swing and AWT beyond the
> > above
> > > > >

> Forget about AWT, Swing and JavaFX - the future is HTML. In case you
> still care about Java, then your future should be Apache HTML/Java
> API!

Funfact: Without JavaFX you don't have a HTML5 renderer in the core JDK. So the
only thing that could run your HTML/Java API is removed by Oracle.

BTW: Swing was declared dead as often as Java itself. And just wonder it is
still here.

If this path is followed, I'll reconsider the IDE that is build on-top of SWT.

Greetings

Matthias