@Chuck
Yes and no. I mean HTML+JS+CSS. I'm still struggling with something like
the attached image (hopefully the attached image won't get cut out).
There's mig layout that sort of comes close, but overall my experience with
swing (including its layouts) is that it's fine as long as I need to
position a few elements here and there (and I definitely like it more than
WinForms). But overall the amount of configuration, clicking in netbeans,
adding libraries for validation balloon popups etc, adding listeners for
focus lost, writing methods for programmatically updating fields and making
sure that the same logic as onFocusLost is executed, listening to document
changes on text fields etc is just enormous. Maybe there's some silver
bullet that I don't know of.

And you might say that I'll get all the same problems with an html/js/css
solution. But there are probably 2 billion devs working on the tech every
day, pushing dozens of libs every year. How much progress is there in the
Java Swing world? We're stuck with solutions a decade old (I might be wrong
though).

PS: I haven't tried javafx. I tried to try it once a very long time ago
(when I knew much less than now), didn't get it, stuck with swing. Started
using NBP - looked like swing was the first class citizen, so again that
was my choice.