Von: Jan Lahoda
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. November 2018 23:57
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Apache NetBeans 10 vc-3: looks solid

Hi,

My personal opinion only:

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:14 PM Christian Lenz <christian.l...@gmx.net>
wrote:

> Yeah well, well again. I said only in my opinion, so I’m open to discuss
> it. The one with the tripple click, could be a Corner case, but it never
> happened before and I had the Situation, where the execption window came up
> which is annoying.

I am mildly surprised there was an exception window in the release build -
the popup should be suppressed in release builds? I just tried VC3, and it
seems the exception is thrown, but there's no popup, it "just" adds the
warning sign on right bottom corner? (Ability to select does not seem to be
affected?)

Frankly, for marking something a blocker, we should not only judge if (and
how much) a thing is annoying and if it is reproducible, but also how
important/common is the usecase/what is the impact. In this case, it is a
double (mouse) click in the editor, keep the mouse button pressed after the
second click and move the mouse cursor beyond the end of the document. So,
my personal opinion is that this is annoying, reproducible and should be
fixed, but I don't see it to be severe enough to stop the release at the
current stage.

Also - the same thing happens for NB 8.2 for me, so I guess I wonder if
there's some new information on why we could live with this so far, but the
fix can't wait for the next release.

In any case, the bug was missing a reproducible testcase(!!), so I just
added one.

Jan