GitHub repo is created to capture the early enthusiasm of community
contributors without much restrictions of ICLA and ASF and also to gauge the
interest of the participant to drive the feature to the somewhat of a mature
state. If Olingo starts adapting all the extensions which are not directly
involved with implementing the OData specification, it is just going to spread
the current limited resources too thin and quality of our offering will surely
to take hit. When PMC thinks that module has reached sufficient maturity and/or
sustained interest, PMC to vote on bringing it under ASF repos and making the
individuals part of the committers.

Also even though we think Olingo has been established as umbrella project, our
builds except of V2 vs V4 have not been set up to bring these kind of
extensions in a non dependent fashion. This separate build/release process and
code repositories absolutely must be there. If we are willing to take these
steps, you will have my vote for it.

Ramesh..