Hi,

Has anyone officially been in contact with Oliver Grande since his contribution? I know he is active on the user list, but I think it would be nice to have his opinion regarding all of this.

I personally think creating a github repo and giving access to Oliver Grande is indeed a good idea. If the ASF repo is not used, I still think it would be nice to keep some kind of link with the main Olingo project to let users know that the "main Olingo team" encourages contribution to this JPA processor. Currently there is "odata4-JPA" listed as a Olingo component, which leads to a summary with the POC jira items. Just an idea, but would it be possible to delete the POC jira items and maybe have that "odata4-JPA" summary link to the JPA processor potential github repo?

Alexandre

On 2016-09-21 11:09 AM, Amend, Christian wrote:
This is a valid point. If we put this code into an ASF repository the Olingo
project as a whole is somewhat responsible for this code. This risk could be
reduced by making the contributor Oliver Grande an Olingo committer so he could
keep working on the code. He also started answering mails on the users list
already so he seems committed. Of course adding another committer would require
a  vote on the private mailing list and requires the consent of the Olingo
project.

We could also think about giving commit access to the separate Git repository
more freely to users that ask for it. This might also be an incentive for more
contributions. I think it is possible to give commit access only to the new
repository while leaving the core repo alone.
We could also ask for volunteers on the user mailing list while clearly stating
that we won`t accept this contribution to Olingo if there are not enough users
that promise to contribute. Having an Alpha release could also help identify
potential committers. And I don`t think that an Alpha release would require
maintenance from the current Olingo PMC/committers.

As for being cumbersome to work with the Apache repositories I agree. But I
also heard that Apache is working on a tighter integration with the GitHub
mirror. I am not sure how far this has progressed. Do you know anything about
this?

I personally would object to another separate Apache project for a JPA
implementation. IMHO Olingo is the OData umbrella project at Apache.

WDYT?