Hi all,

I would like to reanimate this discussion. I have been trying to find
information about having an Repository which is not under Apache control as
part of an Apache project but I could not find any useful information about
this.
In my personal opinion we should not use the GitHub repository because as an
Apache project we should rely on Apache infrastructure. This allows all Olingo
PMC members to have committing rights and prevents a single person from having
to provide/own the GitHub repository.
Also I would see this as a good way to attract users/contributers to Olingo
which we might miss if the connection between the GitHub repository and the
Apache Olingo project isn`t clear.

Also in my opinion we would not lose anything by providing an Alpha version via
Olingo. If there is no feedback or contributions coming we can still decide not
to take this forward. This would also mean that the current Olingo PMC members
do not have to provide support for the Alpha version.

Here is a link on the Apache to GitHub features:
https://reference.apache.org/pmc/github for those interested. These features
could be useful to integrate the GitHub mirror more.

Please consider the points above and let me know what you think!

Best Regards,
Christian