On 7 April 2013 00:16, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> it
> > > is

> figures.

> > > www.o.o

> > > site

> > account
> > > (
>  If

> tell
> > > we
> > but

> run
> > > >

> > > I assume this is just a legacy account from Sun days.  The same GA code
> > was
> > > used for other OOo-associated web services as well.
> > >
> > > I raised this issue a year ago on this mailing list:
> > >
> > > http://markmail.org/thread/mtknhgrwjkajj2ux
> > >
> > > I'm assuming this is just a "lack of maintenance issue" and we can add
> it
> > > to the list of other things that need attention.
> > >

> > Ok, I just wanted to be sure, when I come around to it, I will find the
> > header page in forum and change. Sadly enough the setup of the forum vm
> is
> > not "a piece of cake", it seems to have gone through quite a lot of
> changes
> > (but it works and that is important).

> > 730K/day
> > > downloads
> > > more

> dns ?
> > > do
> > > >

> > > Sorry, I meant "subtract out the wiki" traffic.  GA reports the total
> > > traffic for all tracked domains, and then allows filtering by URL
> > pattern.
> > > So total traffic minus the /wiki/ traffic minus the download traffic
> > gives
> > > us the static website traffic.
> > >

> > ok, got it.

> > > files
> > smaller

> > Sunday.

> together.

> > > I can't seem to filter on the GA screen that gives hourly detail, so I
> > only
> > > see the count cross-subdomain.

> > page
> > images,
> > the

> > > We might be able to get the httpd logs from Infra, in which case we
> could
> > > do more traditional traffic stats
> >
> > I have the httpd logs for forum and mwiki, but I miss a tool to make
> proper
> > statistic. I have asked in the httpd channel, but no luck.
> >

> I use a commercial tool called WebLog Expert.  I'm happy to run a report on
> the logs if they are accessible.

Thx, I will see if the log can come down to a size where I can transport
them.

Forum is now changed to our main GA account, and I changed all the language
forums as well, can you please check that we get GA data (I assume you have
to wait 24 hours or something).

Lets see in a week or so, if my assumption is correct (that mwiki and forum
have the same usage pattern).

As a side remark, I can really understand the complains there have been
about the problems with the forum. While I did my part, apache ran constant
with more work tasks, than configured mysql connections and the vm was real
busy (which is good, since it means we have active users).

Have a nice day/evening.

rgds
jan I.