On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to see a blog entry tutorial demonstrating the
> > > installation of OpenOffice on the 4 major distros and also Win and
> > > OSX.
> > >
> > > This would be helpful to the community I think.
> > >

> > The Install Guide covers installation on Linux -- but not from a distro
> > specific perspective. These instructions work very well for some distros
> > and not well for others.  I can't elaborate much more on that statement.
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html
> >
> > When we released 3.4., we found some additional installation instructions
> > which are included in the wiki version of the Linux install page (which
> now
> > also needs some slight updating):
> >

> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3F#Where_can_I_find_more_information_on_installing_OpenOffice_on_Linux.3F
> >
> > I would suggest if you find tutorials, or create tutorials yourself, for
> > any Linux distros, that you put links to them on the above wiki page.
> >

> ​Correct however in the mind of many people they would like to see a 4.0
> instructions. Even if 99.9% de same. Should we just change it to the 4.0
> release? Even then, the blog will highlight these links.

The Install link above the wiki link specifically addresses 4.0.

The wiki page can be changed by anyone with a wiki account to reflect 4.0.
Or a new 4.0 page added with whatever changes anyone feels are needed.

> I remember OSDir - OpenShot used to do this, screenshot guides of
> installation of major distros and apps like OpenOffice, however there is
> some questions on trying OpenOffice 4.0 while keeping LibO without risk.​

There's no reason why we can't do this. It just takes someone to make it
happen. That's what the wiki is for.