On 24/07/2013 Juergen Schmidt wrote:
they can do whatever they want but we should stop them to use our brand

Before any further discussion of this, we should have real examples where running the equivalent of "yum install openoffice[.org]" or "apt-get install openoffice[.org]" downloads something else.

Some distributions used "transitional" packages, but they have likely been removed in recent releases in most cases. Let's get concrete examples from recent distribution releases before continuing.

(and yes, I also think that if such cases still exist it will be possible to solve them in a friendly way; and the "soffice" alias is a separate problem)

Regards,
  Andrea.