On 7/25/13 7:37 AM, Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello Juergen, Dave, all Am 24.07.2013 23:53, schrieb Dave Fisher:

I would suggest if you find tutorials, or create tutorials yourself, for

>>> if a distro installs LibreOffice when the user select
>>> OpenOffice it's a trademark violation and it is time to stop
>>> this...
>>>
>>> Just my opinion, they can do whatever they want but we should
>>> stop them to use our brand.
>>
>> If the PMC wants to do this then we should discuss this with
>> Shane on the trademarks@ list.
>>
>> We probably want to see if the distributors are willing to
>> cooperate first.
>
> What do you expect?
>
> We should look deeper into the process how the installation or
> update if openoffice/libreoffice works in the distributions (actual
> versions)
>
> If people tell us that they don't get the office they want then we
> have to analyse what the do. Then we have to explain how they get
> what they want
>
> So we can solve most of the problems.
>
> Please NO trademark war against Linux distributions.

nobody wants a trademark war, we simply want that it is taken careful
and don't underestimate the power of our brand.

I really would like to collaborate with the distros and also with
volunteers of LibreOffice.

The question is how wec an collaborate with LO best, the current
approach how they take stuff from AOO is damaging open source in
general. They can take it but the communication how they do it is key
here. And to be honest I have no respect for this but I also believe
that this is only driven by a smaller group of people and not the
broad LO community.

I hope they will see the benefit of closer collaboration in the future.

Linux distros will hopefully be more open if we can find maintainers
who are interested to help and improve our building and packaging
process. This is a minimal requirements to find the way back into the
distros. Maybe not all but the ones that are open and believe in open
source.

> As I told some weeks ago we need volunteers to maintain Apache
> OpenOffice in each GNU/Linux Distributions.

agree that is key for all further steps to fnd the way back in any
distro. We need people who are interested to help here in this area

Juergen

> Kind reards
>

> Mechtilde
>>
>> Regards, Dave
>>

>>> Juergen

Besides that, there exist some user maintained packages for