Hello Juergen, Dave, all
Am 24.07.2013 23:53, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Jul 24, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Juergen Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013 um 17:25 schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> The Install Guide covers installation on Linux -- but not from a
>>> distro specific perspective. These instructions work very well
>>> for some distros and not well for others. I can't elaborate much
>>> more on that statement.
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html
>>>
>>> When we released 3.4., we found some additional installation
>>> instructions which are included in the wiki version of the Linux
>>> install page (which now also needs some slight updating):
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3F#Where_can_I_find_more_information_on_installing_OpenOffice_on_Linux.3F

I would suggest if you find tutorials, or create tutorials yourself, for
>>> any Linux distros, that you put links to them on the above wiki
>>> page.
>>>

>> if a distro installs LibreOffice when the user select OpenOffice
>> it's a trademark violation and it is time to stop this...
>>
>> Just my opinion, they can do whatever they want but we should stop
>> them to use our brand.
>
> If the PMC wants to do this then we should discuss this with Shane on
> the trademarks@ list.
>
> We probably want to see if the distributors are willing to cooperate
> first.

What do you expect?

We should look deeper into the process how the installation or update if
openoffice/libreoffice works in the distributions (actual versions)

If people tell us that they don't get the office they want then we have
to analyse what the do. Then we have to explain how they get what they want

So we can solve most of the problems.

Please NO trademark war against Linux distributions.

As I told some weeks ago we need volunteers to maintain Apache
OpenOffice in each GNU/Linux Distributions.

Kind reards

Mechtilde