On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> I would like to see a blog entry tutorial demonstrating the
> installation of OpenOffice on the 4 major distros and also Win and
> OSX.
>
> This would be helpful to the community I think.

The Install Guide covers installation on Linux -- but not from a distro
specific perspective. These instructions work very well for some distros
and not well for others.  I can't elaborate much more on that statement.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html

When we released 3.4., we found some additional installation instructions
which are included in the wiki version of the Linux install page (which now
also needs some slight updating):

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3F#Where_can_I_find_more_information_on_installing_OpenOffice_on_Linux.3F

I would suggest if you find tutorials, or create tutorials yourself, for
any Linux distros, that you put links to them on the above wiki page.