As asked by Kay, here it is a new thread.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to volunteer to this (and I'm not
sure in the next period either.
Anyway, if you see anything you want from what I did, feel free to pick
it (I suppose I can write here it is released under AL2 license and
everything should be fine).

That said,

Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 07/02/2014 09:41 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe good or bad. But it's definitely a step back as the buttons are
>>> just colored but now we have a graphic. This would be gone which is,
>>> hm,
>>> not good looking... ;-)
>>
>> In the buttons of course one could reuse all the graphics, but still use
>> Bootstrap buttons for the shape and to highlight the "active" choice.

If the idea is to use bootstrap it may be worth re-adapt the entire HTML
according to the "bootstrap way".
It will be a pain at the beginning (it basically means rewrite a lot of
stuff), but I suppose it would be an advantage in the mid/long term.

For example, another thing I was considering is the separation of the
menu and the breadcrumbs with a menu fixed-top and the breadcrumbs where
the are now:
http://testing.elkarte.it/testing/ooo/index_fix.html

> ah, yes, that would work.
>
>> The current divs do not look bad (actually, they look nice!) on the
>> current homepage, while they don't fit well in the new proposal;

It would be nice to know "why". ;) (Of course just because if you tell
me the "why" I may try to understand how to fix it.)
The very first time the hovers were a bit random (they didn't always
reach the bottom border), in the "second version" they are more
consistent (except the last two because the underline is not on the
<li>, but on the <ul>, but that's a detail that can be fixed), if it is
what you mean.

Kay Schenk wrote:
> The "template" pieces are currently in the /lib and /templates directory of
> the ooo-site tree.

Are the css "compiled" somehow as well, or are they in the home.css,
ooo.css, etc. files?