On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/29/2014 11:58 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:06:02AM -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
> >> I have not discovered a way to incorporate page level styles into a
> markup
> >> document aside our site-wide css located in css/ooo.css which is the
> "style
> >> definitions" for the whole site. If someone else knows any tricks,
> please
> >> let us know.
> >
> > I'm not following this thread, so may be I don't get what you are trying
> > to do. If you want to know how to add a particular CSS to a MarkDown
> > page, take a look at
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/es/noticias/index.mdtext?view=markup
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/es/noticias/styles.css?view=markup
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/product/index.mdtext?view=markup
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/product/styles.css?view=markup
> >

> > Regards
> >

> Well I have no idea where you found this information -- it's the
> styles.css file! -- but thank you!!!!! It's not mentioned in the ASF
> information concerning the CMS. I suppose if you are much more familiar
> with markdown, you would know it, but, alas, I am not.

​The issue is not really about adding CSS to the site, but to add
attributes to certain tags. This is used by Javascript to target special
areas on the site. Like on the example I did with the table, I do assign a
function to match the class of the <table> it could have been an ID as well
for example, however both of these elements are not on the markdown.
However... looking at Ariel's noticias/index.mdtext file on line 39 he does
use HTML tags combined withing the md to add things like title. I am not
sure to what extend this can be achieved for table since the table element
is more complicated than a link.

Will adding the "sortable" class to the <table> require the rest of the
table (rows, and columns) to also be in HTML? On a separate email there
seems to be some advanced use of markdown where classes/id can be defined
in a markdown fashion using {}. there should be some testing in order to
test this. Please use what I have on my page to insert it in the table that
you have there.

I will try to work on the json solution as an alternative. ​