Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> That's why I was pushing for a way to keep content and style
> separated. mdtext is not a good way to store content since you are
> already setting a format. The ideal measure was to have this on a json
> file (or xml) and let Javascript generate the table (using loops and
> stuff). That way it doesnt matter if its a table or a list or an HTML
> control.

Content has to be associated in a way or another with a structure, and
mdtext gives exactly the general structure the text should have.
Then CSS defines the style.

But the md used by the Apache CMS is "extended" and supports some more
stuff.
For example, if I understood the problem right, you can do the same
thing with markdown:

 Language                      | Website                 | Distribution
[Afar (aa)](/aa/)   | {.fa fa-ban} |   {.fa fa-warning}

etc.

Let me put again a reference to what I think is the extended markdown
the CMS supports:
https://michelf.ca/projects/php-markdown/extra/

Emanuele