On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Emanuele <emanuel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> > That's why I was pushing for a way to keep content and style
> > separated. mdtext is not a good way to store content since you are
> > already setting a format. The ideal measure was to have this on a json
> > file (or xml) and let Javascript generate the table (using loops and
> > stuff). That way it doesnt matter if its a table or a list or an HTML
> > control.
>
> Content has to be associated in a way or another with a structure, and
> mdtext gives exactly the general structure the text should have.
> Then CSS defines the style.

​Sure but structure is more with database structure, not with style
structure. For example, maybe you might want to use a dt-dd or ul-li
and generate a tabular data through CSS. ​This is usually done on
menus when doing some webdev.

Mdtext is not a logical structure but a presentation structure which
basically restrict the development of mantainable websites because it
doesnt allow the modification through CSS or JS.

The structure there should have been something like a JSON string
carrying the values for country, link, state, localization, Javascript
could then parse that data, and put it on some table structure and
loop through it.
Something like this: http://blog.andremakram.com/?p=7

> But the md used by the Apache CMS is "extended" and supports some more
> stuff.
> For example, if I understood the problem right, you can do the same
> thing with markdown:
>
>  Language                      | Website                 | Distribution
> [Afar (aa)](/aa/)   | {.fa fa-ban} |   {.fa fa-warning}
>
> etc.
>
> Let me put again a reference to what I think is the extended markdown
> the CMS supports:
> https://michelf.ca/projects/php-markdown/extra/
>
> Emanuele

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
882C 4389 3C27 E8DF 41B9  5C4C 1DB7 9D1C 7F4C 2614