On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Dave Barton <d...@tasit.net> wrote:

> jan i wrote:
> > On 5 March 2015 at 11:42, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:

> <javascript:;>>

> moderator
> >>

> >> I also note that the [commit for this change][1] refers to a discussion
> of
> >> the rationale for the change - can anyone point me to the discussion
> >> please?
> >>

> > Some of that discussion happened (partly wrongly) on private@
> >
> > Basically some of us (including myself) does not want to have our names
> > published where it is not really needed or beneficial.
> >
> > Since we have and owner@ to every list, there are no need to publish the
> > individual names.
> >
> > rgds
> > jan i.
>
> With the exception of a couple of pseudonyms (real names known
> internally), every Apache committer's name is published:
> https://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

yeah but that does not tell which mailing lists we listen in on and a lot
of other things we do, it does e,g. not tell that I am AOO Chair.

> Our "Mailing List" page states:
> <Q> Each mailing list at OpenOffice has at least two human moderators.</Q>
>
> Without referring to "private" information you or the PMC may hold tell
> me (off-list if you wish) who the TWO moderators are for the API mailing
> list?
>
> Are we ashamed of who we are and what we do?

no way, but this is simply an information that has no relevance in my
opinion.

If people want to tell the world what they do in such detail, they should
publish it, we should not publish peoples names without the consent of the
people.

My concern is not so much having the list of names, but more that it is
forced to participate. If people added themself to the list it would be ok
because it would be their own choice.

rgds
jan i