On 6 March 2015 at 14:36, Dave Barton <d...@tasit.net> wrote:

> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> kay.sch...@gmail.com>

> discussion

> names

> odd

> by
> and

> the

> >> I agree with Simon.
> >>
> >> -louis
> >>

> > I agree that contributions should be recognized but moderator of mailing
> > lists is of course a low burner. Keeping the info up-to-date requires
> > more work and the benefit is really low.
> >
> > If somebody want his name listed we can of course do that, I think it is
> > not important here and real contributors have their stage somewhere else.
> >
> > But who knows finding 100 more moderator is potentially easier than
> > finding 100 new developers and we can shine with 100 new contributors.
> > If we have a limit per list I step back as moderator ;-)
> >
> > Juergen (still smiling)
>
> OK! One last attempt to clarify and resolve a trivial issue, that has
> become clouded in misunderstanding and mistranslated into some kind of
> "bike-shedding" subject.
>
> It is _NOT_ about anyone WANTING to be recognised, or having their name
> listed somewhere.
>
> It is _NOT_ about limiting the number of moderators and there is no need
> for any existing moderators to step back.
>
> There is _NO_ need to show moderators email addresses, the list owner
> address works perfectly well.
>
> It is _NOT_ important where the information is made available.
>
> The one and only thing I suggested is that we have a simple, easy way
> for any of us to check & ensure that we have adequate list moderator
> coverage.

if that is the only purpose, then it is a lot easier to look at the mail
list configuration files, which are available to any infrastructure or
infra-interest committer of which there are plenty in this project.

All that needs to be done is whenever somebody stops being a moderator
(which happens with a jira ticket) check it there are still sufficient
moderators.

So for that purpose we really do not need an extra list.

rgds
jan i.