On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 06/03/2015 Dave Barton wrote:
>
>> OK! One last attempt to clarify and resolve a trivial issue, that has
>> become clouded in misunderstanding and mistranslated into some kind of
>> "bike-shedding" subject.
>>

> ...and misunderstood (or portrayed) as a transparency issue, when the
> answer to your question on who is moderating the API list can readily be
> found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6095 and needed no
> further discussion.

... which is of course the first place anyone would think to look! Just
needs a "beware of the leopard" sign :-)

Seriously, there's a community issue here. Those of us not on the PMC
discovered accidentally that apparently harmless updates Kay proposed --
and was already implementing -- had been vetoed for undocumented reasons by
unknown voices in a secret venue. Doesn't sound like the Apache Way.

I believe the continued discussion is because of that and the strong
reaction to asking about it, rather than the details of how and why to list
the moderators (which to me still seems obvious, uncontroversial, modestly
beneficial and best done simply). It begs the question why that reaction
happened.

S.