On 8/11/2016 10:45 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 08/10/2016 12:25 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
On 8/9/2016 3:12 PM, Marcus wrote:
we have a documented release process here [1]. Of course it's for a full
release. But for a bugfix (or emergency) release it can be derived and
then shortend.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Planning+Template

That is the documentation I found before. Looking only at the steps
labeled "Release Manager", I do know how to make announcements on
mailing lists, even if I do sometimes get into autocomplete tangles and
pick the wrong list, and how to run votes.

That leaves

[...]

OK, then it's not what you have searched for. As I don't know the
details that are missing I cannot really help more than this.

Sorry

Don't be. It's a starting point. My next step is going to be to try to
fill in the details, doing step-by-step searches.

Meanwhile, it is interesting for contemplating a ready-to-release
strategy. We would need to pick a step at which to hold a release that
minimizes the time to put in one critical fix and ship it.