Hi All,

Damjan, thanks for providing the feature list on SCONs. I did not have that on the able.

For me it is a promising Idea with a lot of questions attached to it.

And I am not 100% convinced it can solve the Issues where we got stuck on Gmake.

I would also like to know which arguments speak for using something we already have? That is not clear to me Patricia.

I am sorry. But I believe except Damjan no one has bought in to SCONs completely.

For me there are to many questions open and ant is still in the race. It does not have the great build in c++ support,

but it is easier to build in in IDEs and we can sign our stuff at least on windows with it. Probably on Mac too.

It has also great support to be extended, and it has as SCONS a dependency support.

I think we have to think on the following:

# Build bots

## support our own

## support for Azure (they have mac server free for OpenSource Projects!)

# Maven development support for 3rd party contributors

# Various different Platform and distribution support.

## Distribution we might need distribution specific patch support.

# support of building our own dependencies.

## automated Signing support, for our targets.

maybe

# easy to add other architectures. (I know that we might have an Issue in UNO here in general)

In the end all we need is Plan. Maybe we could combine SCONS and ANT through Jython -Ant as Frontend and SCONS as workhorse?

I do not know. But we should deliver answers to our needs. And doing PoCs is good.

All the Best

Peter