> On Apr 15, 2020, at 3:01 AM, Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> We are also thin on new contributors, and I recall you saying they're
> largely scared off by the current build system.

Two points:

  1. I doubt that by the time we finish porting to a whole new build system, we
will even have anyone *wanting* to contribute. With each delay and push-out on
releases, and more time spent working on the build system instead of AOO
itself, we become less and less relevant. Is that really a priority we should
be focusing on? Are the number of people knowledgeable around scons really
greater than what we have now? But I could be wrong, which leads me to #2...

  2. "The conversion from gbuild to scons would largely be automated, fast and
correct." If that is the case, let's test that theory right now.