Hi Daniel,

> IMO it is better to separate those statistics into another class, so the
> purpose of LeakGuard remains clear: finding leaks, not doing statistics.

Well, at least the last point of the statistics (the only one I ever
used: the number of leaked objects) serves exactly this purpose. It
would, for instance, enabled QA to regularily do leak tests on certain
usage scenarios.

>>Definately yes. If the diagnostics-consolidation is ever going to
>>happen, and if we have a mature set of full-fledged diagnostic tools in
>>OSL then, I'd appreciate this class being moved to OSL, too.
>
> Why osl?  IMO rtl is the right place for this.  One could think of
> salhelper (because of the C++ notion), but then we cannot use this in sal...

Uhm, don't really care. Just assumed OSL because I think it could be
part of a "diagnostics framework", and today's diagnostics are in OSL.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -