Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> The idea is the unification of pro and non-pro build. We have discussed
>> that only as an idea to save time in release engineering and a nice
>> opportunity for additional diagnostic abilities for customer problems,
>> but maybe it can help in our current discussion also.
>>
> Please don't. stlport_debug mode has found so many serious (and
> potentially serious, wrt. later code rework) errors, that I don't
> want to miss it. Additionally, I have code in place for non-pro
> builds that does similar expensive (in terms of runtime & space)
> checks. If the build size/time is the problem, fix the root cause
> (which you, personally, are already doing ;)).

Yes, stlport is one of the cons we have noted already, but without a
clear idea how important it is. Thanks for your judgement.

Indeed we considered the win in build time as not important enough to
take the risk to lose something important. I only wanted to present this
idea in the context discussed currently as it *could* help to find a
compromise. OTOH the replies from you and Eike have shown us that most
probably the potential pros are not big enough.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".