On 02/15/10 12:30, Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Not necessarily. The point is that triggered assertions need to be sufficiently rare.

Okay, perhaps we can agree to strive for this goal first, and postpone
the rest of the discussion. Perhaps we can try aborting discussions, and
see how they work, perhaps we have other ideas 'til then.

But first lets get a effectively assertion-free office. Be sure you have
all my support on this (and supposedly Ingrid's and Christian's and
Philipp's as well).

So, where do we start? Beg our managers for 2 weeks for fixing all known
assertion issues in one CWS?

As I already tried to explain, the issue I filed (and which started this thread) should be seen as a proxy for this process of making OOo essentially free of triggered assertions. I would love to start working on that, after the test cleanup stuff. And, yes, I'm sure too we all agree we want a better OOo cleaned from assertions/errors, even if we disagree on the details.

-Stephan