I made some changes to the feature/uibase-classname branch and pushed them.

The only code change in UIBase is to go back to setting element.className
instead of calling addStyles to split the list again.
Mainly I added documentation to UIBase and the classList helper functions
to explain how they interact.
Then I added code to Jewel Button to handle its properties that toggle
styles in the classList.

A key point is understanding the lifecycle.  Hopefully, in just about
every instance, the element.className will be set once in addedtoParent
and then properties can toggle styles on the classList and it will just
work.

We could say that you can't set className after addedToParent.  That would
simplify the code in Jewel Button that saves the propertyNames to be added
to computeFinalClassNames.

Basically, though, I think this implementation matches the scenarios.

Thoughts?
-Alex