> I think that the original vote from March 25 didn't expire but was
canceled and now we have a new vote, right?

Yes, it is cancelled. I will reply that thread to make it clear.

> If there is no change to the bits uploaded to
dist/incubator/shardingsphere, we don't need to call a new vote just
because 3 days pass.

It is changed, add some missing licenses files.

> This might be a good time to consider having a [DISCUSS] Release Apache
ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0 [RC1] thread before calling a [VOTE]
Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0 [RC1] thread

The first time to vote, we don't send email to discuss. For second time to
vote, we have discuss in thread[1], the conclusion is in thread [2].

> Do we have release checklist? It should include how to verify checksums,
signatures,

Yes, I have checked checklist during release. And we should let other PPMC
to check them before they vote. The document is [3].

> which tests to run (not the CI automated ones but can users run mvn
install or some other command which include tests?)

We checked at thread [1] and [2].

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/953e8d42e7106d4d5dd29f61ece6c10c8210a9c48232c7fb90484851@%3Cdev.shardingsphere.apache.org%3E
[2]