Hello all,

Project update :

The CRSEditor uses a combo box for the CRS name and a list of registered CRS is
shown. There is search as you type functionality provided using controlsfx.

The coordinate system combo box lists all available epsg coordinate systems.
The axes dimensions table below it gets populated based on your choice of
coordinate system. I suppose there is no requirement to manually
add/delete/modify the axes dimensions. Correct me if I am wrong.

In the case of a custom CRS does the user ever have to create it from scratch
or just a minor variation on one of the existing CRS?

The MetadataView > reference System Info shows just the name of the CRS with an
edit hyperlink that opens a dialog box with the CRSEditor.

GeographicExtent and VerticalExtent editors can create new objects using
DefaultGeaographicBoundingBox and DefaultVerticalExtent constructors. I suppose
the same method will work for all other types. How do I store the new values in
the metadata?
-The tree table has setValue method
-I could create DefaultMetadata from users given metadata and then use setter
methods.
What is the right approach?

FeatureEditor has separate tabs for Waypoints, routes and tracks. The Waypoints
table lists some common columns like name lat,  lon,  elevation, description
and time. Editing support is available for name, lat, lon.
In the sis-features api I couldn't find a way to get typed attribute value;
only object is returned. I had to run sample files and then check the return
types at runtime. eg lat and long are obtained from sis:geometry which returns
a Point from esri geometry api.
As for creating new instances of features, I checked test suite of sis-features
api where there is choice between sparse and dense features. Here too the
property/attribute name and the value object type needs to be known before
hand.
Also how do store these changes back into a file?

Regards
Siddhesh Rane

---- Martin Desruisseaux wrote ----