Mentioned on the Gitter chat today:

https://gitter.im/apache/taverna?at=57e275d9fa660dd95ffbbc6e

the taverna-perspective-biocatalogue module in taverna-workbench has
quite a mixed copyright on several files, having joint copyright like:

> Copyright (c) 2008-2010, Regents of the University of Manchester, The European
Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) and the University of Southampton.

In theory these files are solely written by University of Manchester
and could be relicensed to Apache license as they are part of the
software grant - however tracking down this per file would be tedious
- at least for the binary icons that we are not quite sure about.

While the BioCatalogue source is BSD-3 licensed, we could still use it
as-is by just adding the right lines from

https://github.com/myGrid/biocatalogue/blob/master/license.txt

to our LICENSE (or NOTICE?).

Might it be easier to move it out of Apache and put it at
https://github.com/taverna-extras
or shall we trace up the original authors (which have since left Univ
of Manchester) and check the provenance deeper?

I don't know how much the Biocatalogue perspective is used in Taverna
2.5 - I know it can be very useful to find and use lots of web
services - so arguably it would be a bit of a loss. It also has lots
of code to replicate in Java Swing what is also on the
biocatalogue.org website - that is perhaps not as needed.

What's your take?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718