Ok, community, we have to have another quick talk and then hopefully we can go
back to being awesome.

This thread got very negative and bares a striking resemblance to the
"Suffocating Development Environment" thread from the June 27th incident.  Yes,
I've written about it enough times in the board reports that I have the date
memorized.  What I've written is mostly positive and been praised by the board
for our handling of a hard situation.  You're all making a liar out of me. :)

I was delicate in the first situation, but now I have to be a bit more direct.

In the June 27th incident we had Andy committing code, Romain reverting it, the
two exchanging insults for one hour till Andy quit complaining that he's
working in his spare time implies Romain is killing the project.  Mark joins
attempting to take some heat off of Romain.  Jon joins attempting to be as
neutral as possible.  In the end both Mark and Jon apologize.  Andy's code
stays reverted.

In this incident Andy committed code. Mark and Romain begin arguing. Insults
are exchanged for one hour till Andy quits complaining that he's working in his
spare time and implies Romain is killing the project.  Jon joins attempting to
be as neutral as possible.  In the end both Mark and Jon apologize.  Andy's
code stays reverted.  This time it's all Tomitribe's fault.

Am I the only one to notice a pattern?  That pattern is not one person's fault.
 The pattern is we are behaving like children.

This will not get better if each of us is expecting the other guy to change.
If your only response to this email is find flaws in others, I guarantee
nothing will get better.

Mark, you got there in the end which is great.  You pointed out something you
could have done better and something Andy could do better.  That's the right
pattern.  People are much more willing to accept feedback when they see you're
also willing to accept it.

We need to get there sooner next time and we need more than one person doing it.

So with all that said, how do we turn this into an awesome learning experience
that makes us stronger?

-David