+1  words - and especially brief once as emails - are just a mapping from the
reality to some 'transport mechanism' (Claude Shannon sender theoreme anyone?).
And of course each 'map' is a huge simplification from the reality and thus
prone to be misinterpreted.

The important part here is that those clashes bring up some difference in view.
And yes, I also think this has nothing to do with immature or childish. We are
all just passionate.
So the first very important step is to identify the pain point.

For Romain and me, etc is to avoid duplication of work which already got done
in other ASF projects.
And to not have those modules hardcoded bound to the TomEE Application Server
but to be reusable for other projects.
Please note that I'm talking about the Appliation Server only and not about the
TomEE project as governance body.

I also had an important lesson in the 90s:

If you have a problem
1.) solve it
2.) if you cannot solve it, live with it
3.) if you cannot live with it, leave it.

More generally:
There are some points which totally doesn't matter to someone.
There are other points which we would love to see a certain outcome, but we
would also perfectly accept a compromise.
And is also a category of points where we simply cannot live with a compromise.
Or where we would simply stop being part of it.

In the current situation it's pretty easy. NONE of the cases fits.
It was simply a misunderstanding.
Andy wanted to commit samples and integrate mp-config to TomEE.
This is perfectly fine, but the commit comment and the location was very easy
to get misinterpreted.
And that's exactly what happens.

That's like you forbid your daughter to use your car and then she snatches your
keys.
You shout at her, but only after she bursts out in tears you find out that she
only wanted to wash your car as a birthday present...

And now back to work pretty please ;)

LieGrue,
strub

>>> http://www.tomitribe.com