Are you sure we don't need the incubator? I know that Tomcat has multiple
github repositories, but they are simple mirrors of the same svn repository
on different branches (tc7, tc8 etc).

>From https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html I get this...

"
1.4. Someone has proposed that their code/project be donated to project X
within the ASF for continued development. What do we need to do to accept
the code?

The Incubator will only accept code for incubation if a PMC has voted to
accept it. So when a proposal for the donation of code occurs, the project
in question should discuss the proposal (usually on their public mailing
lists!), leading to a decision by that project’s PMC on whether or not to
sponsor the code (and potentially the project surrounding it). If the PMC
agrees, then the incubator can be approached, and the code accepted for
incubation. The grant needs to be recorded by following the procedure
outlined at the IP Clearance forms
<https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/>.

"

We passed the point of vote. The code has been accepted. Once the IP forms
are formalized, we may start the incubation process.

[]s,
Thiago.