I’d be quite surprised if any new applications are developed using CORBA and
I’d suspect any existing applications are at companies with ${big} support
contracts and little interest in migrating.  I don’t know much about users of
TomEE however.

Generally jax-rs is an easier to deal with solution nowadays.

David Jencks