Thanks for your insights & opinion, @David Jencks & David Blevins. It
is very intersting from my point of view.
> I know we don't support Corba itself, so we'd probably have to figure
out> how we're tied to those classes and what to do about it.
If the "we do not support it" is still correct, we could try to remove
it and then check for the build status (with Java 8).
This will open the possibility to build with Java 11 (target byte code
level 8) in case we want it as "nice 2 have".
The places in the code-base with CORBA related access are:
org.apache.openejb.core.OrbFactory
org.apache.openejb.client.corba.Corbas
XML Files, service-jar XML files:
<ServiceProvider id="Default ORB"
service="Resource"
types="org.omg.CORBA.ORB, ORB"
factory-name="create"
class-name="org.apache.openejb.core.OrbFactory">
</ServiceProvider>
Nevertheless, one outcome of this dicussion is, that PR 664 [2] might
be closed due to the incompatible license of jacorb (according to
@David Jencks).

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tomee.apache.org/msg08054.html[2]
https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/664