On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:48 AM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 19.6.2018 v 04:28 Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
> > Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >> * Most FESCo votes will be performed in the tickets. FESCo members will
> >> have one week[1] from the creation of the ticket to vote. So long as at
> >> least three members have voted, the majority of votes at the end of that
> >> week will be counted as the result. If three votes are not received in the
> >> first week, voting will be extended by one additional week and the minimum
> >> required responses reduced to a single vote. If by the end of that second
> >> week no votes have been counted, it will be treated as a vote *against*
> >> any change requested by the reporter, thus preserving the current status
> >> however it stands. We do not expect this clause to ever be invoked.
> > Ouch!
> >
> > With the previous policy, any issues for FESCo would be tabled for a meeting
> > and announced on this list before the actual meeting.
>
> I think this ^^ is very valid point. I was used to review the tickets
> once they were announced they will be discussed on the meeting.

Out of curiosity, why did you wait?  There have been tickets in the
past that were already dealt with in this manner and never brought to
a meeting.

> > That gave a chance to
> > the community to comment on the ticket and/or attend the meeting to join the
> > discussion. Thus, the community had a chance to point out any issues with
> > the submitted proposal before FESCo started voting.
> >
> > With the new policy, the voting starts immediately with the creation of the
> > ticket (of which FESCo members get notified by mail, whereas the community
> > at large does not) and has a short deadline of 1 week, encouraging voting
> > sooner rather than later. As a result, FESCo members will now almost always
> > vote based on only the submitter's biased writeup (the submitter of a
> > proposal will rarely point out, or even be aware of, all of its drawbacks)
> > before anybody from the community even gets a chance to see the ticket, let
> > alone reply.

Perhaps we could simply configure the FESCo queue to send email to the
devel list.  That would give everyone the same notification and
opportunity to comment.

josh