On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:56 PM Langdon White <lang...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:57:17AM -0400, Randy Barlow wrote:
>> > I also believe we would be willing to reconsider this policy if it
>> > doesn't work out in practice. We're really just looking for ways for us
>> > to operate more efficiently here.
>>
>> For that matter, if a decision is made and it later becomes clear that
>> it isn't working out, or didn't have enough broad community input, or
>> whatever else, we can always revisit. I mean, we don't want to rehash
>> things forever, but it's not like FESCo decisions get laser-engraved on
>> titanium plates, either.
>

> How about a once-a-meeting email to devel@ 24hrs before the meeting with
> which tickets will be expiring as of that meeting? Might this give the best
> of both?
>
> * FESCo members can vote immediately (or not)
> * email goes out

If someone wants to automate that, it would be good.  If we're relying
on people to do this, it's actually 2x the work we put into creating
an agenda now and I'm not in favor of it.  Particularly with a
rotating chair.

> * community can review and decide to propose issue for discussion by replying
> to the email or deciding to attend the meeting once a week as in the past
> * during the "agenda creation" portion of the meeting, concerned community
> members can ask that XYZ issue be discussed and chairperson reviews any email
> requested tickets, all issues now to be discussed marked with "meeting" tag

There's no "agenda creation" portion of the meeting.  It's set prior
to the meeting.  That being said, there's always an open floor section
and if the voting scheme here works we'll actually have more time for
it and let people bring concerns up therein.

> * Community Member presents the case (either by pointing to issue comment or
> by doing it real time)

They can do this at any time by commenting the ticket or during Open floor.

> I really want to see pagure allow for tags that non-project-members can
> assign which would be a simpler way to solve the "email back to chairperson"
> problem. Not actually sure if there is an RFE for this. Have the same problem
> with the modularity-wg meeting-tag.

That would be neat.

josh