On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:48 AM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Ouch!
>> >
>> > With the previous policy, any issues for FESCo would be tabled for a
>> > meeting
>> > and announced on this list before the actual meeting.
>>
>> I think this ^^ is very valid point. I was used to review the tickets
>> once they were announced they will be discussed on the meeting.
>
> Out of curiosity, why did you wait?  There have been tickets in the
> past that were already dealt with in this manner and never brought to
> a meeting.
>
>> > That gave a chance to
>> > the community to comment on the ticket and/or attend the meeting to join
>> > the
>> > discussion. Thus, the community had a chance to point out any issues with
>> > the submitted proposal before FESCo started voting.
>> >
>> > With the new policy, the voting starts immediately with the creation of the
>> > ticket (of which FESCo members get notified by mail, whereas the community
>> > at large does not) and has a short deadline of 1 week, encouraging voting
>> > sooner rather than later. As a result, FESCo members will now almost always
>> > vote based on only the submitter's biased writeup (the submitter of a
>> > proposal will rarely point out, or even be aware of, all of its drawbacks)
>> > before anybody from the community even gets a chance to see the ticket, let
>> > alone reply.
>
> Perhaps we could simply configure the FESCo queue to send email to the
> devel list.  That would give everyone the same notification and
> opportunity to comment.

Anyone who is interested in receiving notifications from the FESCo
queue can just start to watch the FESCo Pagure repo [1] (the button
with an eye in top right corner). IMO there is no need to increase the
traffic on devel@ mailing list.

[1] https://pagure.io/fesco

Jan
> josh

Jan Kuřík
JBoss EAP Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic